Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Benefit and applications of computer technology

The Disappointment of Wi-Fi
Published 80-04-08
by John C. Dvorak

This article argues about how people used to be good samaritans and not secure their wi-fi connections. Dvorak argues that you might get twenty signals from your neighbors but only one might not be secure. He also also argues that wi-fi doesn't run as fast as it's suppose to, and that there was a lack of providers. Where wi-fi should be free such as airports; they overcharge people. However, I feel that this person just wants and not to have to pay for it. It's secure so you feel that your information is somwhat safe, even I wouldn't let my wi-fi be unsecure. I feel that wi-fi speed is also impacted by your geograpical location. I am however, going to agree with him about lack of providers and that wi-fi at airports should be free. Airports shouldn't have to charge anyone to use their wi-fi service, as much money as they already make, but I guess that's where all their money comes from because everyone uses the internet.

No comments: